The credit union’s policy regarding nonpublic personal financial information that the credit union collects from you is as follows:
Our goal is to provide the best service possible to our members while maintaining confidentiality and security of information collected from you.
The type of information we collect:
We routinely collect and retain the information we obtain from your account applications, transaction history (for deposits, withdrawals, loans, etc.) and from consumer reports. This information helps us:
- To establish and administer your accounts.
- Example: We ask for personally identifying information to protect your accounts from fraud.
- To satisfy certain regulatory requirements.
- Example: When you open an account that pays interest, we are required by the Internal Revenue Service to obtain your social security number.
- Better understand you so that we may provide you with additional or improved products and services.
- Example: We require information concerning your credit history and your assets to determine if you qualify for loan approval.
Information about you that we disclose to others:
We do not share the nonpublic personal information of our current or previous members and nonmember customers with affiliates or nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted or required by law.
Access to your personally identifiable financial information is limited to employees with a specific business reason for utilizing this data.
In order to prevent unauthorized access to your information, we maintain security standards and procedures that conform to industry practices.