A Member Owned Credit Union You Can Rely On
Proudly serving employees, volunteers and family members of our member groups located in Preston and Tucker counties since 1978. From our full service branch location in Kingwood, WV, we strive to provide efficient services and solutions to meet our members financial needs.
Preston Federal Credit Union Board of Directors
Ervin Fink, Treasurer
Rosemary Houser, President
Shari Walker, Interim Secretary
Robert Sypolt, First Vice President
Brad Martin, Second Vice President
Manage all practices and activities in the Finance and Accounting functions to ensure compliance with State and Federal rules and regulations. Manage auditing, accounting, and recordkeeping activities of the Credit Union. Make recommendations relating to budget preparation, income forecasts, and operational changes as needed. Work with the lending department processing loans.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Manage the financial and account functions of the Credit Union to include: ALM, AP, AR, budgets, GL, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, investments, payroll, and taxes.
2. Develop, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures for the Accounting/Finance function. Ensure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations and are communicated to and implemented by subordinates.
3. Complete and analyze monthly financial reports. Present monthly reports to the Board of Directors and management as required. Ensure all regulatory and governmental reporting requirements are met.
4. Monitor credit union dormant accounts. Send letters and generate reports as required.
5. Cross-train front line staff
6. Coordinates major activities of subordinates through effective leadership, supervision, training and delegation. Appraises assigned personnel.
7. Identify areas for improvements, changes in procedures, new developments, or changes in services. Keep staff up to date on trends and general Credit Union information.
8. Perform all credit union back-office duties as required.
9. Take loan applications, process loans and distribute funds.
10. Assist CEO in compiling information for regulatory agency examiners and auditors. Prepare and provide reports as required.
11. Perform other duties, projects or tasks assigned.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Equivalent to a college degree (Associates, BS or BA in a relevant field). Experience will be considered.
Knowledge of financial and accounting practices and procedures.
Understanding of governmental regulations and reporting requirements.
Familiarity with related auditing and information services functions.
Understanding of Credit Union operations and information needs.
EXPERIENCE DESIRED: Five to seven years of related progressive experience, preferably in a financial/banking
environment. Supervisory experience required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
Working knowledge of related computer systems and applications.
Excellent analytical abilities.
Solid supervisory skills.
Maintains confidentiality related to Credit Union operations and work-related information. Deals with people and situations with a high level of skill, tact, and courtesy and manages communications and relationships between contacts.
All interested applicants should download and complete the application. Submit application, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com.
Accounts Federally insured to $250,000.00 by the NCUA, an agency of the U.S. Government.
Preston Federal Credit Union NMLS ID #790272
Kraig A. Whitehair NMLS ID #802277
We are a proud participant in: