Join Preston Federal Credit Union.
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
POSITION REPORTS TO: CEO
POSITION PURPOSE: Serve as liaison between the member and the credit union. Provide account information by phone or in person, as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. Open accounts for members, interview, and professionally handle the member's daily needs. Provide a variety of transaction services to members including loan processing, closing, and disbursal.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner.
- Represent the credit union members in a courteous and professional manner to provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Provide in-person and by-telephone general and specific service related information concerning credit union products and services.
- May reply to email or other electronic requests submitted by members, again providing professional, prompt, efficient, and accurate service and information.
- Respond to members requests, problems, and complaints, resolving issues, and/or directing them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance. May handle more complex questions and problems for other Member Service Representatives.
- Open new accounts and service existing accounts. Set up new account files and provide members with all necessary information for membership.
- Handle requests from members for transfers of shares to loan payments, share withdrawals, check requests, CD transactions, line of credit advances, and any other requests received from members.
- Conduct orientation interviews on credit union services and programs with each new credit union member.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs that are obtained from member interviews and/or review of member's accounts. Actively cross-sell products and services.
- Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by Member Service Representatives.
- Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related polices, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provide information on investment alternatives to members wishing to deposit funds with credit union.
- Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan-payment discrepancies.
- Assist members in balancing accounts.
- Assist members in opening individual retirement accounts.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of financial and accounting practices and procedures
- Ability to count and handle cash
- Understanding of governmental regulations and reporting requirements
- Familiarity with related auditing and information service functions
- Understanding of credit union operations and information needs
- One to two years experience within the banking, credit union, or similar financial service industries
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude
- Working knowledge of related computer systems and applications
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Maintain confidentiality related to credit union operations and work related information
- Ability to deal with members and situations with a high level of skill, tact, and courtesy and manages communications and relationships between contacts
If interested, please complete the application and send with cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Accounts Federally insured to $250,000.00 by the NCUA, an agency of the U.S. Government.
Preston Federal Credit Union NMLS ID #790272
Kraig A. Whitehair NMLS ID #802277
We are a proud participant in: